I love photography and I love my photoblog ;-)
Last month, I tried to find on Internet a Windows screen saver that could download my photoblog’s RSS feed and display the last pictures in a slideshow way but I couldn’t find one. Since my RSS 2.0 feed contains media:content tags (like the feeds from Flickr), I decided to build one from scratch.
And voilà ! I did it ! … moreover, anybody can download it and use it for free, with any feed !
- compatible with any RSS 2.0 feeds embedding images through media:content or enclosure tags (thus compatible with any Flickr feed)
- RSS feeds and images are refreshed in background
- supports caching (minimizes your Internet bandwidth usage)
- displays pictures full screen with (or without) their title
- supports GIF/BMP/JPEG/PNG/TIFF image formats
- fully configurable… feed URL, feed refresh interval, slideshow interval, background color, text color…
- C# source code and projects available (distributed under the GPL license)
- A computer running Windows 2000 or XP (I don’t know if it works under Windows 95/98/Me) with .NET 2.0 Framework (if this component is not installed, the installer will do it)
- download the last revision of the Media Feed Screen Saver (installer)
- download the source code of the Media Feed Screen Saver (C# source code under GPL license)
Feel free to report any bug/comment, send me an e-mail.